Taiwan Most Visited Landmarks, DIY Travel Guide

by - Wednesday, October 09, 2019

 




Last May, together with my Mom and Older Sister, we went to visit Taiwan for the first time. Taiwan has been on my bucket list for so long and I haven't been outside the country since November and been itching to go out again.


This trip serves as a birthday and mother's day gift to our Mom as she turns 60 and she don't want a birthday party but wanted a travel birthday trip instead.



There are a lot of landmarks I wanted to see during this trip, but since my Mom can't tolerate long hours of travel and walking I arrange the tours in favor for her. But it doesn't stop us to enjoy the beauty of Taiwan.



Here, I'll list the places we've visited according to what I love most first.


1.











 Jiufen. As I've said, Taiwan has always been on my bucket list of countries to visit, it deepens when I watch Jennleyn MErcado's movie together with Derek, that scene with so much red lanterns. I know it such a shallow for many but that view is spectacular. It reminds me so much of Christmas Season, my fave season actually, so seeing those makes me want to go there right away.

There's not much on Jiufen to see, honestly, but there are a lot of stalls that sells food and random items such as bags and clothes and different accessories.


2.
 





 Shifen. A popular place for lanterns. Though personally, I am not a fan of it since it doesn't promote environment-friendly, but still, the vintage look and feel of the place is a must see. Another destination for those food lovers out there. You should try Milk Tea from Jin Fa Tang. First Milk Tea I've tried.


3.
 






Shifen Waterfall. Not far from Shifen main station is the magnificent waterfalls. Too bad, swimming is not allowed but definitely this gigantic waterfalls is a must see. Tourists may avail a cab going to jump off but if you are into exploration and budget trip you may just walk yourself there.



4.

 



Elephant Mountain. If you are into sporty side you may do a sidetrip hike at Elephant Mountain. From the top is a perfect view of Taipe 101. You may choose doing the hike during sunrise or sunset, but both will give you the satisfying view.


5.
 

Yehliu. Honestly, these are great spots for tourist but be mindful of the time of the day you're going to visit as crowd really flocks here.


6.
 




Ximending Night Market. We've been hitting this place every night since its just walking distance from our hotel. There are a lot of restaurants and stalls where you can buy food and souvenirs.


7. Chiang Kai Shek Memorial. Honestly, after our SEA backpacking trip, we kind of avoided temples landmarks, but visiting this Memorial is a learning experience as it is part of Taiwan history.



I'll update this as I just booked another trip this coming December. Will be going to flower farm and rainbow village :)

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for the wonderful message!