Hitting Two Birds In Davao Del Sur!

by - Tuesday, June 13, 2017







--------------------------------------------------
Book your trip with Booking.com! It's safe and can guarantee low price!
--------------------------------------------------






My trip to Davao Del Sur is jampacked! We went to two different landmarks that is far away from each other. I said “we” because this time my older sister joins me. The initial plan is to backpack Davao Region alone. But I tease my older sister who also climbs that I will visit this certain lake which will give me a nice view of Mt. Apo. I think every mountaineer’s dream is to climb the highest mountain in the Philippines but after it’s fire accident they close it down leaving us no choice but to just stare it from afar which is fine with me though.



Another is that it is our first time to travel together, to travel just the two of us and I feel so excited. This is also the first time my sister will be doing a backpacking.



We met at the grand terminal and we start our adventure to explore the Baguio City of the South. Why Baguio City of the south? The climate change and there were pines trees everywhere! Cold weather in a perfect place.







Our first stop is the Eden Nature Park. This is the best place in Davao Del Sur for any kind of outing, be it with Family or Friends or Company outing. The place has a lot to offer and you will never run out of things to do. ****



The only plan here aside from roaming around is to do a sky cycle which I am dying to try since my Bohol trip. My sister who still have fear of heights is game to try it too. And we enjoyed it. The whole experience was fun and I will gladly do it again.









The entrance to Eden Nature Park has a complimentary food which we chose a nice spaghetti meal. HAHA! My all-time favorite dish. When we think we had enough of the park we head to our next destination. To see Mt. Apo face to face.



It took us two hours to reach the lake where we are going to stay for overnight. It was around one in the afternoon when we arrive at the Lake Mirror. But it has two address and the one we are looking for is the one farthest from where we alighted. So we walk another two kilometers to Lake Mirror. Lake Mirror previously Mt. Apo Highland Resort now Camp@Tagan Lake Mirror and Hillside in Kapatagan, Digos City. It has two campsites the lower level is situated in the lake where it mirrors the highest peak in the country Mt. Apo, thus the name.










After setting up our tent I easily doze-off and into my dream I succumb. I felt really tired from work from previous days before this trip while my sister is busy roaming around the place and taking so much picture. And oh, by the way, my sister bring a new memory card. :D When I woke up l felt tired twice the one from before I sleep. It was almost night that we just ate our dinner then I go back to sleep right away.



We are the only guest in the resort. It was so quiet and all creepy things you can think of. There are closed cottages but since we are on budget trip (though my sister can afford this but I decided to just settle on a tent) The caretaker of the place told us that the best time to see Mt. Apo is right before sunrise and after it for the  clouds will surely cover it.





I woke up around four in the morning and I am already wide awake and ready to see Mt. Apo. We were so thrilled to see it when we go out the tent. We were like kids seeing something so amazing for the first time. Dreams do come true! And I promise myself while staring at it that I will be climbing it when they open it.



We spend the entire one hour and half taking so much picture of the highest mountain in the Philippines, taking turns to take a photo with it on the background.



Again, when we think we had enough time admiring it I suggest on heading to our next province: Davao Occidental.



My trip to this two spots in Davao Del Sur dated last November 12, 2017, is an official entry to my 81 Before 30 Challenge.




--------------------------------------------------
Book your trip with Booking.com! It's safe and can guarantee low price!
--------------------------------------------------

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for the wonderful message!