Bulusan Lake, Sorsogon

by - Sunday, April 09, 2017






--------------------------------------------------
Book your trip with Booking.com! It's safe and can guarantee low price!
--------------------------------------------------





The only thing I can think of doing in Bulusan is to climb Mt. Bulusan. But given the status of one of the active volcanoes in the Philippines, climbing it seems not doable.


Despite it, I still wanted to visit the lake and admire its Lake. I arrive past one in the afternoon at Lola Sayong Camp, when my things are nestled on one of their cottages, I grab my small bag and head outside to visit this place. It was a long drive from Gubat and I arrive almost three in the afternoon on the town proper of Bulusan. But before I got there I had a quick conversation with the jeepney driver and he told me that the last trip of jeepney going back to Gubat is 3 pm. Given the time I have left, I think exactly 10 minutes, I don't have any choice but to abort this trip. From town proper of Bulusan another 45 to 1 hour tricycle drive to Bulusan Lake. Clearly, I will not make it.


And yes, I didn't made it. I went straight back to camp.




During my second visit at the camp. We avail their package for their October Swell Fest and Bulusan Lake is included on the tour. Finally, I was able to visit the place.


The lake is so serene and peaceful. Kayaking is available for a minimal fee for an hour. There are other activity like crossing this hanging bridge where you get to admire more of the lake and and face your fear of height at some point.


The whole visit is so much fun with friends and with other guests from the camp too.























Believed to be formed by tectonic damming, my visit to Bulusan Lake in Sorsogon, dated October 2,2016 is an official entry to my 81 Before 30 challenge.


Helping Tags/Links
HOME AWAY FROM HOME - FALLING IN LOVE WITH LOLA SAYONG ECO-SURF CAMPDISCOVER SORSOGONTRAVEL GUIDE TO SORSOGONTRAVEL GUIDE TO BULUSAN LAKE
LOLA SAYONG ECO-SURF CAMP IN GUBAT SORSOGONTRAVEL GUIDE TO LOLA SAYONG ECO-SURF CAMP




--------------------------------------------------
Book your trip with Booking.com! It's safe and can guarantee low price!
--------------------------------------------------

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for the wonderful message!