Skateboard Riding: The Fun, The Danger, The Cost

by - Thursday, July 04, 2019

 source: https://www.google.com/search?q=strailboard&client=firefox-b-d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjhs5yEpJvjAhWbFogKHT42D_kQ_AUIESgC&biw=1760&bih=865#imgrc=AT6Hv-ngY9ENsM





On this article I will discuss different angles when you decided to hop in to this old crew which is skateboarding. 


I first learned about this sport was way back high-school when I’m only 9 years old. I saw it first using by our senior at our school and they were enjoying every bit of it. They were laughing and cursing and definitely causing ruckus during that day and I know when they get caught, they will be in trouble!!! And I knew I’m kind of into that so from that day on, I promise myself I need to get hold of them and at least ride them once.


It never easy getting your hand at one. During that year around 1992, though skateboarding are starting to boom it was expensive and limited source at hand.


I remember that specific friend of my older brother hides his skateboard at our home far away from his parents, clearly afraid of getting caught and here I am afraid of getting caught by my parents as well as my older brother borrowing without permission and riding downhill at our subdivision. And that was the time I get my feet on a skateboard and it was blissfully.


There’s something about being able to ride a skateboard. I mean there’s something about skateboard at whole! It feels like flying and sends a different sensation all over your body. Its indescribable feeling. I didn’t know how to explain the feeling back then but if then I knew the word “stoke” that probably is what I am going to shout every time I’m riding a good ride.


If you get to enjoy riding a simple downhill or just hopping to one board what more so when you were able to do a trick? The fun thing about this sport is that you can do a lot. And by a lot meaning different tricks and stunts and it is still evolving as we speak. 


Imagine being able to ride a small wooden board and being able to fly it in the air just by riding on it? Without any use of technology or machine that can make it fly? Only just by moving your body and synchronising it with it? Sounds a lot more fun now, e?


Aside from doing different tricks to it, riding with friends is a different kind of fun. Getting to know more people who shares same passion and learning new stuff and tricks and discovering new skate parks and some make it to the real game where they compete and all. Skateboard riding is no different with any other sport out there. It gives enjoyment and puts you on cloud 9 because it will always be a hundred percent fun.



But like any other sport, it has its dangers too. With different tricks and evolving ones and people trying to surpass their own capabilities and some their limitations on riding a board, new tricks unfold and by that some became much harder by the day. Though discipline and extra precaution are always advise and observed on this kind of sport, you can not control other elements surrounding you. Danger is anticipated and cure must be readily at hand for any danger that will come.


I did not say that it is always present, but it will never hurt anyone who is always ready with first aids readily available during any skateboarding activities.


When my parents learned about me doing this, they banned me from getting my feet on one. Been working on the hospitals make them really cautious about a lot of things esp on this kind of sport. So if you are really into it, danger is inevitable.


As I have said earlier, source of skateboard are limited during my days back then. But as we evolve and up to this year, new companies arises and offers different kinds of skateboards now. There are hundred to thousands of readily board available for you to ride. Some at a really cheap price but others at higher cost. Always depending on your likes, and what ride are you into or if you are into brands and so many more.


Honestly, back then, I only wanted to ride one. Being able to balance myself at first try is really comfort and already satisfying for me. When I learned about different parts of the board and how they function depending on the ride you want to do and where to do them specifically, on a rough or cement or any types of floor and many other elements. Its really is something broad than looking on one single wooden board in front of you.


If you want to go deeper to it, I suggest investing on really legit and high quality pieces. After all, the fun and the danger of riding it should be worth it.





As additional information, I happens to learned this new kind of skateboard called Electric Skateboard from StrailBoard, I know it is since and ages ago when i were able to ride one board again and its definitely new to me this electric skateboarding and I really want to try one so if you want something new get over to their website as they were ranked 2019 Best Electric skateboard so I know I’m not just commending and suggesting random companies but definitely the to one out there.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for the wonderful message!