Easy Yogurt Bowls Recipe

by - Wednesday, June 26, 2019




I've been eating yogurt as a snack since. It has a taste I can't resist. It makes me full and its one of the best source of fiber specially I have some problem with digestion. I really love preparing my meals so making a yogurt bowls simply just gives different sense of pleasure. I know.


With such limited ingredients at hand and nearby, I always work for something on-hand over the market. But mostly are really rare from where I live. So if you are like me who lives in a remote area let's give this simple yogurt bowls recipe a go. Let's get started before I talk too much here.


What you need?

Yogurt - this will vary depending on your taste and what you prefer. I really flavored yogurts but it will definitely add taste to your bowls, which I really don't mind. But if you are not a fan of that, you can always have greek yogurt or plain ones. There are the cheaper brands and the high class brands, it really up to you. Soon, I will share how to create homemade yogurt so you will have tons of supply at your home!

Fresh Fruits - again whatever you desire. Banana's are always available and its usually one of the most popular fresh fruit of yogurt bowls I've seen so far. Not to mention bananas has loads of health benefits. Other fresh fruits such as Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries, Raspberries, Kiwi, Pineapple, Mangoes, Peaches, Oranges, Cherries, and Avocados, and truly alot more. I personally love any berries but this is really hard to find around my place so whenever I get my hands on them I grab them over my yogurt bowls.


Dried Fruits - this is really optional, but if ever these are the only available at your place you can always use this on your bowls such as dried cranberries, dried apricots, dried cherries, dried strawberries, dried blueberries and other dried fruits on your favorite lists. I tried adding dried blueberries on my banana yogurt bowls, as well as on my mango enriched yogurt bowls and its really appetizing! Its really up to you.


Nuts - again, these ingredients is optional, but if you have available on-hand or your market place, adding one tablespoon can really make your yogurt bowls extra good for your heart. You can always add almonds, walnuts, pistachios, cashews, and pecans!


Granolas - yes! my favorite! it will add texture to your yogurt bowls. Any brand you prefer is always fine. Heart-healthy, and really a good source of fiber and iron!


Chia Seeds - They are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, and they provide fiber, iron, and calcium. Omega-3 fatty acids help raise HDL cholesterol, the "good" cholesterol that protects against heart attack and stroke. Here at our place getting on one is really hard and costs a lot but definitely worth buying.


How To Prepare?


With everything on the list above or lack of some (it's perfectly fine) you can now make your yogurt bowls!


First. You need a bowl. For me, I really love it when its wide enough so I can put my toppings evenly or the way I want to decorate them. That's one of the fun times! But really from buying to preparing to eating, yogurt bowls will not disappoint you!

Second. I always put my yogurt first.

Third. Place your granolas over, sorry, but I don't have exact measurement for this, whenever I want to indulge I added more. Its really up to you. But usually, 3-4 tablespoons will do. Or 5 or 6. :P

Fourth. Top it with fresh fruits alongside the dried fruits.

Fifth. Add your preferred nuts and sprinkle a teaspoon of chia seeds all over.

Sixth? Eating time!


Yogurt is at its best when served or eaten cold. Or its my taste only but yeah give it a try.









There is no really grand rule or specific rule on making your yogurt bowls. Its definitely always have something to do with what you prefer to put on it. There are fruits and nuts that others are allergic to it so this post is not really a must for everyone who wants try doing their own yogurt bowls but a guide to anyone who wanted to try and don't know where to start or have no idea how.


Enjoy your yogurt bowls any time of the day but I suggest eating it during breakfast to kick start your day!

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for the wonderful message!