Travel Guide To Bohol

by - Saturday, April 16, 2016





The following itinerary was not exactly the itinerary I used, these are base on my experience; getting lost, mishaps and all made this itinerary as acceptable compare to mine.

My original plan is to do visit Chocolate Hills first for it’s the farthest from Tagbilaran and most of the landmarks are situated just nearby with each other, except of course this famous landmark of Bohol.




--------------------------------------------------
Book your trip with Booking.com! It's safe and can guarantee low price!
--------------------------------------------------




Day 1 (Chocolate Hills)
My arrival at Bohol is exactly 12:45 PM thus giving me enough time in the afternoon to start of my adventure. But inevitable things sometimes became our worst enemy, especially in a trip like this. Landing on Tagbilaran airport to riding a tricycle up to going to the terminal of buses bound to go to Carmen is no hassle for it its much easier even if you are traveling alone like me.

It was exactly 1:40 PM when I boarded a bus going to to Talibon via Carmen; where chocolate hills was located. The two old couple whom became my companion from tricycle ride up to the bus station told me that the travel time may take up to 2 hours from the terminal. The plan is to do ultimate adventure: Tree Top and Bike Zip at Chocolate Hills. I chose this to give highlight and a unique way of admiring the hills. Given the time, I am still able to catchup for the company that offers it closes at 5 PM, thus if I arrive on the anticipated time travel.

But then unexpected things happen, we were at Baclayon when it started raining. At first it was all but a light rain but then it pours as hard as it wants. I was thinking that time if I will still pursue the chocolate hills adventure, them not allowing the bike zip is understandable because of the rain. But I am still praying that it will stop any moment. But it didn’t. We are few kilometer away from Loboc (I know from the signs) and the rain still not subside. By 2:45 PM we are at Loboc already. When the bus stops at Loboc municipal I get off the bus.

I started looking for Stefanie Inn Grace where I will be staying for a night. The rain is still pouring hard. It was raining that hard that I was able to check-in by 3:22 PM because that’s the time when the rain almost stops. And yes, I didn’t bring any umbrella with me. And Yes again, itinerary for that day was cancelled. The rain starts pouring again that long night and I am forever praying it will not the following day.
Day 2 ( Stand-Up Paddle, Loboc Ruins, Tarsier, Loboc Cruise, Hanging Bridge, Baclayon Church, Museum, Blood Compact)

On the open and close was the planned trip for my second day. Obviously it was adjusted due to the rain from my first day.

8 am starts my Stand-Up Paddle, I booked it week before and it will last for an hour. But we finished almost 10 am. After that I waited at the line for Loboc Cruise, this cruise will last for an hour and half. Right after the cruise I went home to my inn, fix my things, take a bath again, and ask the caretaker if they can lend me a map of Bohol, and leave my bag at them (good thing they offer this) for my checkout is 2pm and come back for my bag after I finish my exploration.

By 1:30 PM I am boarded in an ordinary bus going to Carmen. Finally! The sun is on its highest peak! By 2:30 I am starting to admire the beauty and magnificent work of our creator. Truly, these chocolate hills are one of a kind. But I was looking around searching for that company who offers the bike zip and it was nowhere to be found. I spent almost 30 minutes admiring the vast and hundreds of hills, of course, taking of pictures too, it was hard though, for there are a lot of tourist that day.

The motor bike driver I ride on told me that the company that offers the bike zip is 1 kilometer ahead where I got off. Its called CHAP or Chocolate Hills Adventure Park. Wasn’t able to do the ultimate adventure because I still have other places to visit.

Taking another ordinary bus I am ready to see the smallest mammal there is. The ride from Carmen to Tarsier is a lot more fun than going to Carmen, I was standing the whole trip and was standing at the foot of the stairs. That was my first time experience and I never imagined it doing especially here in Manila. Only tough guys and skilled men does that. Now women or old people for that matter.

By 4 PM I arrive at Tarsier Conservation Area. It took me 30 minutes to roam the area. There are about three tarsiers that I saw and they are all cute for they are too small and sleeping that time, one opened their eyes, it was big but still made it more attractive.

By 5 PM I arrive back at the Loboc municipal where I continue exploring the ruins.

It was already 6 in the evening when I leave Loboc and start my trip going to Panglao Island where I will be staying until my last day.
By 8 PM I finally arrive at Bohol Coco Farm where I will be sleeping in a ladies dormitory for a night.

And yes, many landmarks where not visited. I am furious already.

Day 3 (Alona Beach!)
Of all my planned schedule this is by far the ones that was pushed through.

Day 4 (Still beaching around!)

Yes, the plan is to just rest and lay down on sea shore for my remaining time.

But I’ve mentioned I was furious on my second day. And its not always I am at Bohol. Though many guides are offering me an island tour and I declined each of them.

By 9:30 am Ieave the resort and make most of my remaining time by exploring the places nearby. I was able to.

I started with Panglao Church. Then I boarded a jeepney going back to Tagbilaran, I visit their National Museum and Tagbilaran Cathedral in front of it.

Me still eager to visit Baclayon and Blood Compact. I asked for every local on where I is the multi-cab going there. And I did! I wasn’t able to get off the Blood Compact though, but you may see it just by passing the highway and it is just a monument.

By 1 Pm I am back at Tagbilaran airport and wait for my 3 PM boarding time.





SUGGESTED DIY COUNTRY SIDE TOUR (This is if you will be coming from LOBOC)

Day 1
7 AM – 7:30 AM Admire Loboc Ruins
7:30 – 7:45 AM Travel time to SUP Tours Philippines (8 pesos)
7:45 – 8:00 AM Orientation/Signing of waiver/Change clothes if prefer
8:00 – 10:00 AM Stand-Up Paddle (800 for 1 hour)
10:00 – 11:00 AM Board a bus going to Carmen (if you prefer doing the CHAP activity, asked the bus conductor to drop you off there, if not asked them to drop you at Chocolate Hills jump off) (fare is 35)
11:00 – 11:10 AM Habal-habal to highest view point of Chocolate Hills( Habal-habal cost 30 pesos, Entrance to Chocolate Hills is 50 pesos, you may opt not to ride habal-habal, honestly, you can just walk up there, I have limited time only that’s why)
11:10 – 11:40 AM Admire Chocolate Hills/Picture time
11:40 – 11:50 Go back to the highway and wait for bus bound to Tagbilaran
12:00 NN – 12:15 PM Travel time to Habitat Butterfly
12:20 -12:45 PM Explore the place
12:50 – 1:05 PM Travel time to Eco Park Bilar
1:10 PM – 1:35 PM Explore the Park and Manmade forest (You may opt this since you will pass by the manmade forest on your way to Carmen)
1:40 PM – 1:55 PM Travel time to Tarsier Conservatory Area
2:00 PM – 2:30 PM Admire the Tarsier
2:35 PM – 2:50 PM Travel time to Hanging Bridge
2:55 PM – 3:20 PM Cross the Hanging Bridge
3:25 PM – 3:40 PM Travel time to Loboc Municipal Hall
3:45 PM – 4:00 PM Fall in line for Loboc Cruise
4:00 PM – 5:30 PM Loboc Cruise/Early Dinner (450 pesos)




Day 2 Checkout
8:00 – 9:00 AM Breakfast/Prepare for Checkout
9:15 – 9:40 AM Board a bus going to Tagbilaran and get off at Baclayon Church
9:40 AM – 10:05 AM Explore the Church and the Museum
10:10 – 10:15 AM Ride a multi-cab and ask the driver to drop you at Blood Compact
10:20 – 10:35 AM Picture taking at Blood Compact
10:40 – 11:00 AM Ride a multi-cab going to Tagbilaran
11:00 AM – 11:30 AM Explore the National Museum of Bohol, the Tagbilaran Cathedral
11:30 AM – 12:30 PM Lunch
12:30 PM – 12:45 PM Travel time to Island Mall in front of it is the terminal going to Panglao
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM Travel time to Panglao, get off at Panglao Church
2:00 PM – 2:30 PM Explore the Church
2:35 PM – 2:50 PM Ride a habal-habal and asked the driver to take you to Alona Beach
3:00 PM – Beach time!

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION && TIPS
These are suggested itineraries only. Time may vary depending on the availability of the transportation for they have very limited means of transportation, and also if you would like to extend more your stay on certain landmarks.
There are many other landmark you can also visit that are not listed here, one local mentioned the largest python where you can also take a look.
Bus fare for ordinary bus will depend on the miles you are going. From Tagbilaran to Carmen, bus fare is 50 pesos.
Multi-Cab and Jeepney fare is 8 pesos.
Habal-habal/motorbike is a bit expensive, price starts at 30 pesos no matter how near it is.
Always, always make it a habit to ask local if you didn’t know the direction. But make it a point to ask a reliable local.
Book ahead if you are decided to do such activity, specifically the CHAP and SUP.
Banks and ATMs are very limited especially from Loboc up to Carmen (the farthest I’ve went) so always bring cash with you. No credit cards or checks.





I'm organizing events: Climb and Beach and any other Adventure activities. Please visit my facebook page for the scheduled events or you can hire me to organize a climb or beach outing for you and your friends and family.













You May Also Like

2 comments

Thanks for the wonderful message!