Featured Blogger: The Clothes Muse

by - Wednesday, November 21, 2012



Christine Gapuz

diwadiwata@gmail.com

The Clothes Muse

http://theclothesmuse.blogspot.com/

I'm a shy 20-something corporate working girl who happens to love dressing up. I'm also a major bookworm and book hoarder! Though tacit most of the time, I am very passionate about certain things, including gender equality, human rights, education and politics. :)

My blog is a hobby of sorts. I started it when I was bored at work (too technical). It's a blog where people can pick up style trends, DIY projects and fashion advice.

The Clothes Muse is a play on the phrase "the clothes horse." My nickname is also Diwata, which can be translated to "muse" in English. Since my blog aims to inspire and advice about style and clothing, The Clothes Muse sounds just right.

The Clothes Muse is a play on the phrase "the clothes horse." My nickname is also Diwata, which can be translated to "muse" in English. Since my blog aims to inspire and advice about style and clothing, The Clothes Muse sounds just right.

I use Blogger. I've played with Wordpress but I felt Blogger is easier for fashion bloggers and newbies. So far I'm liking it.

Most of the time, I'm reading. I am a Pinterest addict too. Of course, there's my day job and my master's degree classes. Then I daydream. :p

I guess, and this might seem crazy, but coming up with an outfit post is very challenging. I am shy in front of the camera! Plus, my sister doesn't know how to take good pics of me. LOL.

My sources of inspiration include my interests like books, movies and games. (One of my top posts is related to Diablo cosplay.) I also look at Pinterest for emerging trends and DIYs to try.

Since this is a hobby for me, I haven't felt that yet. I've been doing it less than a year. I guess it just depends on why you blog.

Luckily, I only get SPAM comments. I guess it's also because I haven't posted too many photos. I think most haters target physical qualities. If I happent o get hate comments, I'll just ignore!

I really don't do promotion per se. But I do add friends on IFB or discover bloggers at random in the comments section. I make sure I interact with them regularly. :)

Random? Haha.. I'm a tech writer by profession and a poet by ambition. I'm not a great features writer or blogger, which means I have an ordinary style, with a bit of sass sometimes. :p

My birthday is this November. I'll be hosting my first blog giveaway and I hope it will be successful. I also hope to post more outfit posts and DIY projects. :)

The first one on my idol list is Marissa of New Dress A Day. She has an awesome story, and excellent clothes DIYs! Next is Cheyser of The Walking Recessionista. I love her style and I think it's great how she manages her time b/n blogging, projects and studying. Finally, I admire the girls of A Beautiful Mess, Emma and Elsie. Their blog is what got me thinking of blogging. :)

When you start a blog, think of why you are doing it. Is it for personal reasons, for business reasons, for fun? Always stay true to who you are as a person to be unique as a blogger. And don't sweat it, just enjoy it. :)

Time for Feature Blogger! Meet my fellow Filipina blogger. She's amazing guys and she also do DIY stuffs. Check her blog guys. :))











You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Nice feature Ellie! :) She looks much into the arts and crafts and fashion. :)

    ~Chai
    http://chenmeicai.blogspot.com
    http://lookbook.nu/chenmeicai
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/2957855
    http://www.nuffnangx.com/user/hJK222B

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful message!